Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nixon Nomadic Headphones… My review

Well.. where do I begin.

I was in the market for some new headphones, as my old senny MM50’s got stolen. When we went to NZ last year I saw a guy at the airport with these headphones and thought they looked wicked. The only thing was I could really hear what he was listening too, but i just thought he was a tosser who listened to his music too loud. So anyways, I headed down to Surf Dive n Ski in Melbourne central and popped em. I think I paid around $150ish for them and was happy. 
So.. with my new headphones on, I walked down to the train station. While i was walking i noticed something, a rattle. The chrome ring around one of the sides was loose, and every time I took a step, it rattled. Massive suck. But not unresolvable, as they were brand new i knew i could take them back and exchange them, so abit annoying and dissapointing, but not the end of the world. 
Now, the realisation and deal breaker. Remember how i said i thought that guy i saw with these headphones and i thought he was just a tosser that listened to his headphones too loud? Now, on the train, I WAS THAT TOSSER! There is absolutely no sound isolation on these earphones, zero, zip, zilch. All noise from around you(i.e the train) will come in, and all noise from your headphones will escape. Sure you can turn the volume right down, but then you can’t hear the music over the noise around you. 
So that was it for me, sure, they look AWESOME. But, i don’t enjoy being that guy. That tosser who listens to his music too loud. So i took them back to SDS the next day, showed them a rattle, and got a refund. Right now I’m so glad I did, because i ended up with something soooo much better.

No comments: