Friday, September 12, 2008

Mac OSX on a PC Pt. 2

well.. gave the VMWare thing a go.. it was shithouse. Performance wasn't there... couldn't do much with it.. get the network to go was a pain.. and most importantly of all... my DVDRW only recognised as a CDROM... so couldn't burn dvd's from it.. which is the main thing i wanted it for.. cause I prefer to edit my movies using iMovie.

So.. after abit more research.. came across Insanely Mac... a website dedicated to getting OSX running on your PC.... and.. after 3 days of trial and error.. finally got OSX running on my PC.. without any emulation... and I LOVE IT!!

Fuck OSX is great... perfermance is fantastic on my hardware... at the moment i've got it dual-booting with Windows XP... but I'd honestly go to OSX only on my PC.. but there's only 1 problem with it.. Team Fortress 2 doesn't run properly on OSX!!

Got a copy of Codeweavers Crossover... which is an emulation software that's supposed to allow you to run TF2 on OSX... but it's crap. It crashes frequently.. doesn't support DX9.. framerates are crap.. and i can't run the game anywhere near the settings I run in windows on mt 8800GTX.

If the issues with Crossover get sorted i'll definately switch my main machine to running OSX only. Until that happens though.. i'm happy dual-booting.

el :)

No comments: